Friday, January 14, 2011

Nannies and Au Pairs: Do You Go on Facebook While Working?

Mother Admits to Playing Facebook Game as Son Drowned

According to Denver's ABC 7 News, the mother of a one-year-old boy confessed she had been busy on Facebook when her son, who had been left unattended, drowned in the tub.

Citing an arrest affidavit, ABC 7 News reports, "Shannon Johnson, 34, admitted to police that she was on Facebook playing Cafe World, checking on a friend's status and sharing videos in the living room, while her son was in the bathtub."

Click here to see entire article.

Nannies and au pairs, be honest, do you visit Facebook while at work?

2 comments:

AuPairDebbie said...

I do go on FB once a day at work, but I've never ever left any child in the bath alone for even a second. I don't answer the door or phone ever while bathing a child. I typically visit FB when baby is napping. Many days I don't even go on FB at work. Only after checking my job emails if there's xtra time after laundry or cooking too. Frankly there's just not enough time at my current job to be on FB at all while working. But I think most jobs with older kids allows nannies time to do that.

Tara said...

I do go on facebook sometimes at work but I make sure not too often. I never do anything I'd be embarrassed the parents knowing I do at their house. This is a sad reminder that safety is most important. Hopefully any nanny that reads this blog wouldn't be that careless. Obviously I can get on facebook after work so it's not my top priority.