Making a Simple Paper Chain
Making paper garland is one of the easiest crafts to make during the holidays. It gives the kids an easy way to practice cutting and pasting. This simple paper garland decorates my charge's fireplace mantel in her bedroom. Follow these steps to learn how to make a classic paper chain:
You Will Need:
Colorful Construction Paper
What to Do:
1. Fold construction paper accordion style into eight strips.
2. Cut the construction paper along the folded lines into strips.
3. Have the kids use a glue stick to put paste to one side of a strip of paper.
4. Roll a paper strip and hold it together to form a loop.
5. Repeat the steps above linking each new loop through the last ring made. Attach the rest of the paper strips in the same way, one through the next, to form a garland chain.