Super Bowl Recipes, Games, and Coloring Sheets for Kids.
In America, some nannies work during the Super Bowl, the most watched television event of the year.
Alicia Donovan, a nanny working in Madison, Wisconsin emailed Best Nanny Newsletter asking: “I will be working on Super Bowl Sunday so the parents can have their friends that are also parents watch the Super Bowl while I provide activities for their children in the playroom. I am desperate to find recipes and activities to do with the kids. Do you have any resources, web sites, or ideas for me to use while baby-sitting on Super Bowl Sunday?”
Here are some links to some of our favorite recipes and web sites to have fun with kids this Super Bowl Sunday.
Super Bowl Fun
Pass the Super Bowl Football Game:
To play this game, arrange for teams of about eight to stand in a line, one behind the other (arranged boy, girl, boy, and so on). Give each team a miniature football which the first person should tuck under his chin. This mini football should be passed to the person behind. When the football gets to the last person, they come to the front of the line and start again. The winning team is the first one which gets their starting person to the front again. Super Bowl games, party supplies and party favors add to your party theme and make a successful party. You can give everyone on the winning team their very own Super Bowl mini football party favor.
Super Bowl Egg Game:
First, color some hard boiled eggs your favorite teams colors, leaving one white. Using a black marker, draw the lines of the football. Next, place the white egg in the center of the room. Take turns to see who can roll their colored (football) egg closest to the white egg.
Cardinals Coloring Pages to Download for Kids:
Steelers Coloring Pages to Download for Kids:
A football-shaped chocolate cake with mud filling (marshmallow cream, crushed chocolate cookies, caramel, and butter) is the perfect end to a Football party.
1 box (19.5 ounces) chocolate cake mix
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup marshmallow cream (such as Fluffernut®)
10 chocolate sandwich with vanilla filling cookies (such as Oreos®)
2 tablespoons caramel sauce
1 can (16 ounces) milk chocolate frosting
½ cup white canned frosting
1. Melt chocolate and let cool.
2. Make 9-inch round cake according to manufacturer's directions, adding the melted chocolate with the eggs.
3. Bake cake according to manufacturer's directions. Cool.
1. In a bowl beat butter, marshmallow cream, and caramel sauce, scraping down side of bowl as needed, until combined.
2. Add cookies and mix to combine. Fill cake.
3. Cut and remove ½-inch-by-9-inch rectangle from the middle of the cake.
1.Remove aluminum top from frosting. Microwave the glaze 30 seconds on high. Stir to combine until smooth.
2. Leaving the cake on the cooling rack, place the rack on a jelly roll pan. Reserve ½ cup frosting. 3. Pour the remaining melted frosting over the cake to cover. Pour reserved frosting over removed rectangle.
4. Let frosting glaze set completely.
5. To make the laces, cut a corner through a re-closeable plastic bag or use a pastry bag to pipe white frosting on the cake.
Any cake mix can be used - just don't add the 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate.
Any canned frosting can be used in place of the homemade filling.
Potato Skins Pizza
6 medium-size russet baking potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
2 1/2 cups favorite pasta sauce, warmed (we used meat-based)
Suggested toppings: chopped olives, chopped green peppers, sliced and sautéed mushrooms
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella or other pizza cheese
1. Heat your oven to 400°. Scrub the potatoes, poke them with a paring knife, then bake them for 50 to 60 minutes, until they're tender at the center.
2. Cool the potatoes briefly, then halve them lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh (use it for mashed potatoes), leaving a thin potato wall.
3. Cool the skins.
4. Heat your oven to 400°. Arrange the skins on a well-greased baking sheet, radiating out like the spokes of a wheel, as shown. Cut some skins in half the long way and tuck them into the gaps between the whole skins. Lightly salt and pepper the insides of the skins.
5. Spoon the sauce into the skins, dividing it equally. Sprinkle one or more toppings over the skins, if desired, then cover them evenly with the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
6. Bake on the center oven rack for 15 minutes. Cool for several minutes, then serve.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.
These mini cheeseburgers are the perfect Super Bowl Sunday party food to munch on during the big game. Be sure to get the Hawaiian rolls; that's what makes this recipe exceptional.
2 lbs. 85% lean ground beef
kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
16 small (2-inch square) slices cheddar cheese
16 mini Hawaiian bread buns
1. Preheat grill or cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Divide beef into 16 equal parts. Form each part into a mini burger. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place mini burgers on grill or grill pan. Cook 2-3 minutes. Flip. Cook 1 minute. Place cheese on top. Cook another 1-3 minutes until cooked through.
4. Serve on Hawaiian bread buns with ketchup, mustard, relish and/or caramelized onions.
Feel free to share your Super Bowl ideas to use with kids by clicking "comments" below.