Yesterday we started discussing working while traveling with your employers' family.
In the June 2007 issue of Be the Best Nanny Newsletter we asked nannies and au pairs what they like to bring when traveling with their employers' family. Below is the list.
Checklist for Traveling:
1. Plenty of ZipLoc bags.
2. Proper legal documents.
3. Backpack (easier to carry than a diaper bag). Kids should carry their own light backpack too.
4. Emergency phone numbers and phone numbers of hotels.
5. Cell phones.
6. Photos of kids in case you get separated.
7. Baby wipes or travel wipes.
8. Travel potty seats, if needed.
9. Clothing, diapers, coats , swim suits, boots (as needed).
10. Pack a change of clothes to bring in carry-on bag.
11. Car seats.
12. Favorite pillow or blankie.
13. Sleeping bags (if needed).
14. Medicines and vitamins.
15. Sunscreen and toiletries.
16. First aid kit.
17. Bag of toys. Kids should carry their own backpack.
18. Crayons and coloring books.
19. IPOD or MP3 player.
21. Portable DVD player and favorite movies.
22. Healthy snacks, water, juice boxes, and baby food.
23. Bottles, pacifiers, rattles, soft baby toys, and baby mirrors.
24. Umbrella stroller (easier to transport and carry than big cumbersome strollers).
We appreciate these ideas shared by nannies and au pairs. Do you like to bring something we missed when traveling with your employers' family? Let us know your travel tips.