But, firefighters say the story also brings a lesson for everyone, because of a mistake the nanny made. And, she doesn't have health insurance to treat her own burns so there is a web site for you to donate to help pay for her medical expenses.
The nanny's big mistake was not calling 911 earlier that day when she put out a small fire herself. An article, "Fire involving nanny rescue under state investigation" says, "Shelbyville fire chief Willard Tucker said Myatt believed she had extinguished that first fire, without a need to call the fire department for help.
'She said she put it out with some water and spoke with the owner of the property,' Tucker said.
But later, a loud noise, smoke and flames awakened the nanny, and she headed for the child's room. Myatt burned her feet and hands walking across a flaming hallway. The child was not hurt.
Tucker wishes she had called 911 at the first sign of trouble. However, 'It doesn't discount the events that took place and the risk she took to save Aden,' Tucker said.
Tucker believes firefighters would have found a smoldering fire before it put the boy and nanny at risk."