Children make all kinds of excuses to get out of doing chores and cleaning-up. Here are some fun ways to help children have fun doing chores and help clean-up.
1. Turn on the music. Listen to their favorite music and watch how time flies while you work and sing along.
2. Clean together. Working together can be a lot more motivating for some people. It helps us keep going to complete a task when we see others working too.
3. Make it a game. Or turn it into a competition. Who can find the most red toys? Try having the kids shoot dirty laundry into the hampers as if they were shooting baskets in basketball.
4. Set a timer. Trying to beat the clock can create a lot of energy. Set the timer for a certain amount of time and race to beat the buzzer.
5. Take a break. Don't get too burned out on working. Break up your chores and reward the kids throughout the process. Taking a few moments to let the kids catch their breath to gear up for the next job.