The nanny or au pair, child, and parents should sign an Online Safety Contract and post it next to the computer used by the child.
SAMPLE NANNY OR AU PAIR, CHILD & PARENT ONLINE SAFETY CONTRACT:
1. I promise to never tell anyone on the Internet my age.
2. I will never give anyone my address or phone number.
3. I won’t tell anyone my last name or full name.
4. I promise not to give the name of my school or town I live in or school is in to anyone online.
5. I will not talk about my parents online. I will not tell anyone my parents names or about their jobs.
6. I promise not to reply to any email from someone I don’t know. I will log off immediately if I receive an email from someone I don’t know and tell my nanny or parent immediately when I receive the email.
7. I will not enter any online chat rooms. An adult must be with me if I want to enter a chat room.
8. Only parents can receive or send photos by email or online.
9. The nanny, au pair, and child are to never give out the child’s name, age, or contact information over the Internet without first getting a parent’s approval.
10. I will not fill out questionnaires or surveys online.
11. I will never have a face-to-face meeting with someone I have met online.
12. I will not give out a credit card number online without a parent present.
13. Never give out my Internet passwords to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.
14. Never do anything online that could hurt or anger other people or that is against the law. I will never make any threats in emails.
15. I will never download, install or copy anything from disks or the Internet without proper permission.
16. I understand that my parents and nanny will randomly monitor my work on the Internet and I will allow them to do so or lose online privileges.