The children I care for love anything that they can call pie. So as a yummy lunch, dinner, or treat I often make them Quiche Lorraine, but I tell the kids I am serving them "Egg Pie." Here's an easy recipe for Quiche Lorraine / Egg Pie I found at allrecipes.com. I changed the recipe ever so slightly and describe the adapted recipe below.
What You Need:
1 ready-made 9-inch frozen pie shell
3 eggs, beaten
6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
1 small chopped onion
1-1/2 cups milk
1/4 t. salt
1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 T. flour
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
2. Cover pie shell with aluminum foil and bake pastry shell in oven for 8 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
3. While pie shell is cooking cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Drain onto paper towels and crumble the bacon and set aside. Cook the onion in the skillet until tender and drain.
4. Remove pie shell from oven and turn temperature down to 325 F degrees.
5. In a large bowl mix milk, salt, and eggs. Stir in bacon and add onion.
6. In a separate bowl mix toss cheese with flour, then add to egg mixture. Be sure to mix it well.
7. Pour mixture into pie crust.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with foil while baking to prevent burning or over-browning.
9. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Reference: allrecipes.com and photos by Stephanie Felzenberg