Kid Friendly Recipe
What kid doesn't love pizza? Who doesn't love bagels? Kids will love making pizza bagels as much as eating them. Below we describe how to make a basic pizza bagel but nannies can mix it up and use other ingredients to make other types of pizza bagels as well. For example, to make a barbecue chicken pizza bagel just substitute the tomato sauce with barbecue sauce and use chopped cooked chicken as the topping. To make a white pizza bagel replace the tomato sauce with ricotta cheese with some Italian seasoning and a little bit of garlic powder to season the cheese. Here's a basic pizza bagel recipe:
You Will Need:
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Other pizza toppings that the kids like such as, pepperoni, ground beef, or olives.
Italian spices or oregano (optional)
What to Do:
1. Preheat toaster oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Slice bagels in half and toast them lightly in the toaster oven to prevent the pizza bagel from being soggy.
3. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce onto the bagel. It's important not to put on much sauce so the bagel won't be soggy.
4. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on the bagels. Then add the toppings. Sprinkle with oregano or Italian spices if the kids like spices.
5. Heat in the toaster oven for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Reference: Photo and recipes by Stephanie Felzenberg