Thursday, September 5, 2013

Nanny and Student Homework Contract

Essential Nanny Paperwork


The National Academy of Sciences (NAS)  shows that the defining factor in having academically successful children of parents that work outside the home is the household help that they hire. The NAS studies show that families that hire great childcare providers are in a stronger position to have children that are successful in school. Children of working parents that do not have the support of homework helpers are less likely to achieve as well in school.

While helping children with homework nannies and au pairs can help children develop a love of learning, help encourage self-discipline, and ultimately help children to be successful in school. Doing homework is also an opportunity for children to gain self confidence and good self-esteem.

First, make a checklist for each day of the week and every subject the student is studying at school. As they complete each assignment everyday the student should check the box when the work is completed. If no assignment is due in that subject fill in N/A for not applicable. Leave the subject blank if the student needs extra help when the mother or father arrives home after work. After explaining the checklist to the child, be sure to have the parents, nanny, and child sign the Homework Contract.

Student Promises To:

Write all assignments in assignment notebook.
Remember to bring all books, workbooks, and materials home.
I will complete my assignments after snack and before I watch TV, text my friends, or play on the computer.
I will not text friends during homework.
I will complete my homework at my bedroom desk (same location daily).
I will use my homework time to study if no homework is due the next day.
I will ask my teacher, nanny, and parents for help when needed.
I will hand in my assignments on time.
I will place all of my homework and school materials in my backpack for the next day of school.

Nanny and Parents Promise To:

Check assignment book with student before starting homework.
Not do homework for the child.
Check homework for completion and quality.
Be available for help if needed.
Provide positive feedback and insight at the completion of daily homework.

No comments: