If it seems not much has happened since the health reform law here are some health insurance reforms to be implemented this year:
- Require insurance plans to allocate at least 85% of premiums for benefits for large groups, 80% for small groups. Rebates start January 1, 2011.
- Review all premium increases for justification of amount.
- Establish a temporary high-risk pool to provide coverage for uninsured with pre-existing conditions.
- Health plans must provide certain preventative coverages without co-pays.
- Provide coverage for adult children up to age 26.
- Provides tax credits for small businesses to provide health insurance for employees.
- Eradicate limits on lifetime benefits.
- Provide temporary reinsurance program for young retirees not eligible for Medicare.
- Medical personnel and hospitals: Establish a national strategy for increasing the number of health care professionals .
- Increase training of health care personnel through scholarships and loans.
- Require a larger number of services from non-profit hospitals.
- Impose 10% tax on indoor tanning services.
Do you feel health insurance reform will be beneficial to you?