Increase collection and reporting of data of health status regarding race, ethnicity, sex, disability status and economic status. Also includes rural and frontier areas.
- Reduce payments to hospitals for preventable hospital readmissions.
- Allow provider to benefit from cost savings to Medicare based on more efficient delivery of care.
- Make Part-D Medicare cost-sharing benefits available to home and community-based providers as is now done for institutional care.
- Implement and increase value-based purchasing for more health acre providers.
- Reduce rebates for Medicare Advantage plans while providing bonuses to high-quality plans.
- Demonstrate and promote advantages of home health care when possible.
Encourage bundled payments for comprehensive care that includes mental health and chronic disease management. This is the start of a staggered introduction of programs that is effective through 2016.