I prefer using backpacks to slings or one shoulder bags because backpacks have two straps to help distribute the weight of the contents evenly on both of my shoulders instead of putting all the weight on one shoulder when using totes or messenger bags.
Doctors recommend not carrying a back pack more than 15% of your total body weight.
To help prevent shoulder or back pain, the bag should not fall more than four inches below the waist and the shoulder strap anchor points should be one to two inches below the top of the shoulders.
That's why I love Okkatots (pronounced "Auk-ka") Okkatots Travel Baby Depot Bag and the Okkatots Backpack Diaper Bag. They are both backpacks that carry a lot without putting too much weight on either shoulder. If you travel with a baby or toddler, no other diaper bag can compare to the Okkatots Travel Baby Depot Bag. The features of both the Okkatots Travel Baby Depot Bag and smaller daily Okkatots Backpack Diaper Bag are described below.
Okkatots Travel Baby Depot Bag
- Diaper station with soft changing pad, removable wipe dispenser, and space for sixteen large diapers.
- Insulated pocket holds several baby bottles or sippy cups.
- Ventilated pouch keeps two pacifiers clean and dry; removes for easy cleaning.
- Outside pocket securely holds DVD player for viewing then zips and stores easily when done.
- Waterproof pouch locks in moisture to keep everything else dry and perfect for wet clothes or food.
- Padded shoulder straps provide a convenient hook for keys and a pocket for cell phone or mp3 player.
- Multiple pockets and pouches keep small or important items from getting lost, such as keys, toys, travel papers, DVDs, and books.
- Opens two ways for convenient access: like a regular backpack from the top or unzips all the way around to open like a book.
- Versatile carrying handles clip and unclip to hang from hooks, rods or stroller handle bars while the hard, durable base keeps bag upright by itself.
- Inside lining made of durable, polyurethane-coated nylon is hand-washable.
- Perfect size for an airplane carry-on, measuring 19" high x 15.5" wide x 8.5" deep.
- Six-month manufacturer's warranty included.
1. Waterproof pouch for laundry or food
2. Wipe dispenser
3. Pacifier pouch
4. Large, soft changing pad - meets safety standards for minimal lead and phthalates
Okkatots Backpack Diaper Bag
If you are looking for a functional day pack and don't need the larger carrying capacity of the Travel Baby Depot Bag this bag is for you. The Okkatots Backpack Diaper Bag offers the same convenient change station features. Strap it on the front seat of your car and you can easily get to snacks, drink, toys and cell phone. This bag is perfect for day trips or for everyday use. Its multiple pockets keep every thing organized, reachable, and upright. Okkatots is there when you've got just one hand to spare. It is available in red and gray.
Exclusive Features of Okkatots Backpack Diaper Bag
- Diaper station with soft changing pad, removable wipe dispenser, and dispenser for ten diapers.
- Easy access pocket for cell phone, keys, wallet and other items.
- Versatile carry handle - Opens to attach bag to seat belt.
- Insulated bottle pocket holds two larger bottles.
- Zip pocket for personal items.
- Multiple pockets at top of bag keep smaller items easily accessible.
- Internal pocket holds drink container for quick access.
- Removable water resistant laundry bag.
- Unique Pacifier Pouch keeps two pacifiers accessible and sanitary.
- Lock firm baseboard into fabric tabs to help keep bag upright making it easier to store items neatly.
- Strong nylon lining wipes clean and the light color means contents are easier to see.
- Shoulder straps zip together for use over one shoulder.
- Measures 16" high x 14.25" wide x 6" deep
- Six-month manufacturer's warranty included