Here's a fun activity the kids will love to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. All you need to do is cut out foot prints from green construction paper or spray your footprints in the snow with green water. Then hide small treasures of gold coin candy around the house or yard. Sprinkle the footprints as a trail for the kids to follow to find the treats the leprechaun left them for St. Patrick's Day.
For those who have had an unusual amount of March snowfall across the country this year use this fun trick to brighten up your little corner of the world with the kids. They’ll love that they get to paint the snow, and you’ll love a new twist on the monotonous scenery. For a timely holiday twist, be sure to use lots of green! The leprechauns are on their way – snow or shine…
• A good spray container (empty Windex containers work well)
• Food dye
Green Snow Foot Print Directions
1. Start by washing out the spray container extremely well. You don’t want to be spraying cleaning chemicals all over the lawn.
2. Add water and several drops of green food coloring.
3. Shake up the bottle and put the top on tightly.
4. Stomp a foot print in the snow and spray it green.
Directions for Painting Snow Anytime
1. After following the directions above to get a spray bottle clean, let the little ones fill the container with water and put in quite a few drops of food dye. The more dye they put in, the more vibrant the end color.
2. Shake up the bottle and put the top on tightly. The kids have an entire canvas to decorate outside – no one wants to spill all the “paint” early.
3. Bungle up, go outside where it has snowed, and let the spraying begin!
Reference: The project and snow photos provided by Whitney Ziebartth. Don't forget to stop by next Wednesday for another fun project by Whitney and to check out her personal blog at http://thenaptimenook.com/