Annually on March 8, thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate achievements for International Women's Day. A global web of rich and diverse local activity connects women from all around the world ranging from political rallies, business conferences, government activities, and networking events through to local women's craft markets, theatric performances, fashion parades and more.
Many global corporations have also started to more actively support International Women's Day by running their own internal events and through supporting external ones. The United States even designates the whole month of March as 'Women's History Month'.
So make a difference, think globally and act locally. Make everyday International Women's Day. Do your bit to ensure that the future for girls is bright, equal, safe and rewarding.
How to Celebrate International Women's Day:
1. Attend an event promoting women’s health, equality or safety
2. Make a donation to an organization that provides education for girls
3. Visit your local library and check out a book on women’s history
4. Register to vote
5. Go to see an exhibit or performance of a woman artist
6. Support a program that provides business training for women in developing nations
7. Ask a woman from another country about women’s challenges, prospects and achievements in her home nation
8. Mentor a young woman
9. Recognize women you know who are making a difference in the lives of their children, their peers, their students, or their community
10. Thank a woman who has had a positive influence in your life
Click here to see what events are going on in your area.