By Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar
There are plenty of books about financial planning, how to save money, save for retirement, buy a first home, and invest money. But, how many of them are addressed to single women? If you are a single woman, On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl's Guide to Personal Finance, is a must-read.
Most young women haven't been taught to manage their money and go out to dinner, go to concerts and clubs they cannot afford, get manicures and pedicures, and fill their closets with Prada and Louis Vuitton. But, On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl's Guide to Personal Finance teaches single women how to balance their desire to live well today with the need to save and invest tomorrow.
Financial service professionals and CFAs ManishaThakor and Sharon Kedar teach single women:
1. How much of your income to save
2. How to avoid the perils of credit card debt
3. How to create a budget you can live with (and still have fun).
4. How to invest wisely using a powerful, keep-it-simple plan
5. How to deal with real life situations - such as figuring out how much home or car you can afford and how to handle money when you couple up with that someone special
The sooner you apply the basic financial concepts highlighted by the authors, the more likely it is that you'll achieve common life goals such as owning a home, providing for yourself, and taking fun vacations -- all free from financial stress.
Tomorrow: Financial Planning is an Emotional Issue.