Yesterday we posted 12 BPA-free baby bottles. Today we will start reviewing the first two BPA-free bottles from that list. We would like to know what nannies and au pairs like and dislike about the baby bottles. Please comment below to share your experiences using the following bottle.
Natural Nurser (Out of Business, But Can Still Find Them in Stores)
The Adiri claim to fame is that they are the most natural nurser bottle that resembles mommy's breast, reducing nipple confusion. But, they have gone out of business, which is sad since with the new finding by the FDA regarding BPA leaching into baby milk the company would undoubtedly found an increase in sales now. The company statement is: "We at Adiri would like to thank our loyal customers, retailers and partners for all the support you have provided Adiri and its products over the years. Unfortunately, due to the financial pressures that many businesses face today, we made the difficult decision to cease all business operations.
With gratitude, we wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, The Adiri Team"
• Most natural to breast
• Dishwasher safe
• 3 nipple flows
• Leak-proof cover
• Vent system to avoid bubbles
• Difficult to warm
• Hard to clean
• May leak until you get used to using it
Avent VIA System
The only BPA-Free Avent bottles are in the Via system and they are brown-tinted. The company promotes the ease of cleaning the bottles which consists of only three components and has a cap for hygienic storage and transportation. The company boasts that their bottles are clinically proven to significantly reduce fussing. There are five different nipple flow rates available.
• BPA-free (with a natural honey-colored tint are BPA-free only)
• Easy to clean and fill
• Dishwasher safe
• Valve flexes to allow air into bottle to prevent air bubbles in baby's tummy
• Easy to latch on, easy to combine breast and bottle feeding
• Good value
• Interchangeable bottle system is convenient, but other products are NOT BPA-free
• Wide nipples make in hard for some babies do not have mouths big enough for nipples
• Don’t over tighten lids or they will leak
• Many other of their interchangeable products, like their breast pump and sanitizer, are not BPA-free
• Beware: their classic bottles are not BPA-free