Yesterday, on our Facebook page, we all agreed that nannies should never hit or spank the kids in their care. But, do you think parents should be allowed to spank their own children?
The article we linked to yesterday shows a link between children being spanked and being more aggressive.
Below are Dr. Sears ten reasons not to spank a child. Please click here to see the entire article.
1. Hitting Models Hitting
2. Hitting Devalues the Child
3. Hitting Devalues the Parent
4. Hitting May Lead to Abuse
5. Hitting Does Not Improve Behavior
6. Hitting is Actually Not Biblical
7. Hitting Promotes Anger
8. Hitting Brings Back Bad Memories
9. Abusive Hitting Has Bad Long-Term Effects
10. Spanking Doesn't Work