Monday, March 14, 2011

What is the Funniest Thing Your Charge Ever Said?

Has Your Charge Ever Said Something Funny?

Last week we mentioned how a sense of humor is important in solving issues in your job. This week, we will explore keeping a sense of humor not only helps us, but the children in our care.

Children on average laugh 200 times per day. Adults laugh 15 to 18 times a day. Caring for a child gives you a chance to make up a pretty big humor deficit!

Author of The Healing Power of Humor, Allen Klein suggests, "Your cake split while cooling? Have a small toy-animal's feet sticking out of the crack and call it an earthquake cake."

In The Healing Power of Humor Klein includes a funny quote in his book from a student test: "Three kinds of blood vessels are arteries, veins, and caterpillars."

"Dynamite. TNT." Given as an answer for a written spelling bee, when the teacher called the word

"I'm glad I'm finally eight. This is the oldest I've ever been in my entire life!" -- 8-year-old boy.

"Daddy, did your hair slip?" -- 3-year-old son, to his bald but long bearded father.

"How do you put make up on your mind?" -- Girl, when told she should make up her mind.


What are some of the funniest things the kids you care for ever said?

9 comments:

Best Nanny Newsletter said...

"Lasterday night" and "I have x-ray village" (instead of vision).

Meg said...

From 5 year old Annabel (who was not in mood when she said this which made it all the funnier...) "I'm very convincing and I'm very hard on people, so don't mess with me.

Amanda said...

I will be a ballerina when I am a girl." or "can I have marshpillows for snack?

Anonymous said...

A long time ago when jennifer lopez wore a revealing v neckline dress down to her belly button my charge said "You can almost see her pimples." Instead of nipples.

Eva said...

Many more responses on facebook here's one I like:

A three year old, who was always wittiest at meals, burped super loud, and then looked at me and said "Jaynie! My neck just tooted!!!" And I laughed till I cried.

Check out facebook page for funniest answers!

Anonymous said...

The 2 yr old was eating in HIS high chair and country music on and he starts singing "I need a man, a real man..." quoting the song. Funny a little boy singing HE NEEDS A MAN?! :)

Fiona Littleton said...

After fighting with his sister and crying for a few minutes, the brother told me he needed a drink of water because all of his came out of his eyes.

Anonymous said...

A 3 year old said I am allergic to wine, so don't give me wine.

Anonymous said...

My 7 yr old charge just called renamed the country "Uruguay" into "Your Way." He's insisting that's the name of the country.