I have teen-aged boys come to the house after school to play soccer, hockey, and basketball each day. They need big snacks with a lot of sustenance to have enough energy to play their sports. That's why I constantly search the Internet for snacks for the back of high-energy teens. Luckily the entire family three-years-old to the parents love this yummy snack.
1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz bag bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix
1. Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust.
2. Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts.
3. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread.
4. Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Reference: Recipe from plainchicken.com and photos by Stephanie Felzenberg and plainchicken.com