Kids love anything that comes in the shape of a cupcake. The Grandmother of the kids I care for visited and made these adorable mini lasagnas in cupcake tins. They are easy to make and even easier to eat. I even pack mini lasagnas in school lunch boxes, which I never did with lasagna made in a large casserole dish. I highly recommend this recipe that uses wonton wrappers rather than pasta noodles. The simple instructions are below.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or jarred)
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage (turkey, chicken or pork) cooked, and drained
- 1 – 15 oz container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 – q/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- ½ tsp dry oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, basil and oregano.
- Lay a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin tin, pressing down and into the sides of the tin.
- Place 1 Tbsp. of the ricotta in each cup. Top with 1 Tbsp. of sausage and 1 Tbsp. of marinara sauce.
- Press another wonton skin down into the cup and then repeat the layers – 1 Tbsp. ricotta mixture, 1 Tbsp. sausage and 1 Tbsp. marinara sauce.
- Finish off each lasagna cup with a sprinkle remaining mozzarella and the parmesan cheese.
- Bake the lasagna cups for 15 minutes until the filling is bubbly, the cheese is melted, and the wonton wrappers are slightly browned.
Recipe from: http://www.easyrecipeplugin.com/